My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

An appropriation-friendly, image-rich, experimental research library. Independent and open to the public.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Interview with Michael Krasny on KQED's Forum

Our thanks to interviewer Michael Krasny for hosting our one-hour on-air presence at KQED this morning. The Forum program that features the two of us can be heard at www.kqed.org/forum. It's predominantly a discussion about the film archive with Rick, but secondarily about the Library with both of us. -- M&R

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marcus Rosentrater said...

Great interview.

I look forward to some day visiting the Library and focus on browsing instead of search. Most of my interaction with the online collection has been in pursuit of something more or less specific, but often times I found myself in watching hours of footage without any relation to what I set out to find. In one instance I watched all of the Ivan Besse reels and quickly after started thinking of a project based on that collection. Now hearing this interview, I've realized it was serendipitous search that was driving the creativity.

Thanks again!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home